Frequently Asked Questions
- To access the Guide, your firm must be a NICSA member, and you personally must have a NICSA online account.
- Log into that account, by clicking the "Sign in" link on the upper right of the NICSA.org home page. After you have entered your username and password, you will be in the NICSA member portal.
- On the lower left, click on the "Transfer Agent Compliance Guide" button. You are now in the Guide.
You probably are. NICSA memberships are corporate, meaning that if your firm is a member, then you are a member. To see if your firm is a member, you can check the most recent member list. All divisions and subsidiaries of member firms are members as well.
You can join online at any time on our secure site. You will be prompted to enter your corporate email address. Our system will use your email domain to link you to the appropriate account. Personal emails will not be accepted.
I forgot my username and password, how do I reset?
Your user name is your corporate email address.
To reset your password, please click here. A new password will be emailed to you shortly. Your password will be a series of numbers/letters that have been generated by our database. Passwords are case sensitive, so please make sure to enter it exactly as it appears in the email confirmation.
To change your password, you will need to log onto the member portal. Locate your name at the upper right hand corner of the screen. Click on the arrow next to your name, and select the ‘Change password’ link.
Your firm’s membership level is determined by the size of your company (based on the number of employees listed on your firm’s LinkedIn company page).
If your membership level is incorrect and needs to be adjusted, please contact the NICSA office at (508) 485-1500.
No, NICSA dues are not deductible as a charitable contribution for federal income tax purposes.
A number of optional discounted member benefits are available to help your firm save money and make the most of your NICSA membership. Packages include pre-paid registrations to NICSA conferences, marketing benefits, and first choice on exhibit and sponsorship opportunities.
Purchasing a package offers significant savings versus purchasing these items separately.
Yes! Please call the NICSA office at (508) 485-1500, and a representative will assist you.
To pay by credit card on our secure member portal:
- Make sure you are the account’s primary contact. Only the primary contact has administrative rights to pay invoices and view membership details.
- Log on using your member user name and password. If you have forgotten your password, you can retrieve a new one here.
- Navigate to the ‘My Account’ tab located on the sidebar and click on the ‘Orders’ tab.
- Find your invoice and enter payment details. Once the transaction goes through, a receipt will be emailed containing payment details.
To pay by check/cashier's check:
- You can request an invoice by calling the NICSA office at (508) 485-1500 or email email@example.com.
- Please make the check out to;
8400 Westpark Drive, Floor 2
McLean, VA 22102
Please email NICSA at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information.
- Account name
- Name of current primary contact
- Name of new primary contact, email and phone number
- Log into the member portal
- Click on the ‘Events’ tab on the sidebar, and select the event you wish to register for.
- Follow instructions and enter payment. A receipt will be emailed once transaction is complete.
After you create your registration, you will have the option to add other people to your order. At checkout, you will see a button that says ‘Register another Person’. You will be asked to enter the individuals name, address and email.
Our database does not always automatically recognize you when you create an account. What this means is that our system did not recognize your email domain. (It’s not you; it’s a quirk of the database.)
If you experience this problem please call the NICSA office at (508) 485-1500 or e-mail email@example.com.
Log-in instructions are sent out multiple times before each webinar, not directly after you register. It may take a couple of days but you will receive the log-in instructions from NICSA.org.
If you still have trouble receiving them, check your spam folder and add NICSA.org to your email contacts to make sure you are receiving our communications.
Unfortunately, we are not able to provide CPE codes after the event.