NICSA News Monthly | January 2015
Here’s our recap of the stories that mattered to operations professionals in the investment industry last month.
Top picks of NICSA Members
- The Best of NICSA 2014
In case you missed them the first time, we recap the best NICSA posts of 2014.
- Guest Blog Feature | Uncovering the concept of data visualization
Blog post from the NICSA Technology and Innovation committee describes how data visualization has evolved from simple graphics to a strategic tool.
- Top NICSA-member posts of 2014
We highlight the most popular posts created by NICSA members and partners during 2014.
Most-Read NICSA Member and Partner Publications
- Luxembourg real estate investment funds
Ninth annual report from ALFI looks at growth and trends in Luxembourg-domiciled real estate investment funds during 2014.
- The BrightScope/ICI Defined Contribution plan profile
New insights into private sector retirement plan design emerge in a collaborative report from Brightscope and ICI.
- How to get legal to say "Yes" to your content marketing
kasina blog post outlines five best practices for working with your legal department to get content marketing approved.
- Networked | Financial advisors find success with social media
Infographic with research results from Putnam Investments illustrates how financial advisors are using social media for business.
Video of the Month
- Walter Isaacson on Alan Turing, Intelligent Machines and "The Imitation Game"
Are we being replaced or connecting with machines? Biographer Walter Isaacson compares philosophies about computer programming.
Also of interest to NICSA members
- The SEC and NASAA indicate that not all firms may be ready to tell cyberattackers (and regulators) to "Go ahead, make my day"
The way information is presented has a surprisingly large influence on people’s intentions and how they use information to make financial decisions.