NICSA News Monthly | March 2015
Here’s our recap of the stories that mattered to operations professionals in the investment industry last month.
- Breakout session recap: Big Data--get a competitive edge Five key points to understand before developing a strategic Big Data plan.
- Day 2 highlights from the 2015 NICSA Strategic Leadership Forum A recap of the second day of the 2015 NICSA Strategic Leadership Forum.
- Breakout session recap: Harnessing data and technology to propel distribution efforts Summary of panel session shows how a firm's data strategy can drive success.
- Faces of the 2015 NICSA Strategic Leadership Forum
A montage of photos of conference presenters and participants captures the event's success.
Most-Read NICSA Member Publications
- The global state of information security survey 2015 White paper from Citi posts that the broad adoption of liquid alternatives mutual funds in the U.S. creates an opportunity for blue-chip hedge funds to enter the market.
- AIFMD for non-EU asset managers: What we will see in practice Aegon report shares insights focused on issues for women and retirement from the firm's third annual Retirement Readiness Survey.
- Good in theory, bad in accounting practice Confluence explains why a global set of accounting standards may not be ideal.
- Making data mean business SunGard infographic demonstrates how successful data systems integration can help firms get more from data.
Video of the Month
- AssetTV's Washington Connection: December 2014 Video of Vanguard’s Ann Combs discussing key tax and retirement policy proposals under consideration in Washington during 2015.
Also of interest
- Password re-use fuels Starwood fraud spike How a recent breach of Starwood loyalty accounts was exacerbated by account holders’ password re-use.
- Occasional paper number 8: Consumer vulnerability Video and transcript from the UK regulator with insights from consumers and business leaders on addressing consumer vulnerability.