|NICSA's 2017 Strategic Leadership Forum|
January 29 - 31, 2017 | Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa | Hollywood, FL
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS:
NICSA committees are invited to present general session and/or breakout session proposals for NICSA’s 35th annual conference, the 2017 Strategic Leadership Forum (SLF). The SLF includes 2 tracks with a total of 6 breakout sessions (2 concurrent breakouts in 3 different time slots). The submission form is located at the bottom of this page.
NICSA is looking to provide valuable content that will inform and inspire our members so they can exchange ideas, concerns, and action plans. The main goal is to deliver the latest information around hot topics, trends and impactful issues facing the investment management industry today.
The breakout themes are:
- Transfer Agent
- Broker Dealer
- Swing Pricing
- International Developments (ALFI/Irish Funds)
- Custody & Fund Accounting Developments
To the extent you have an idea that does not fit under one of the themes on the above list, feel free to submit and the Committee will review. Based on the number and relevance of the submissions, it is possible that not all entries will be selected.
Breakout Session Times:
|Monday, January 30, 2017||1:30pm-2:30pm|
|Monday, January 30, 2017||2:45pm-3:45pm|
|Tuesday, January 31, 2017||11:00am-12:00pm|
What we’re looking for:
NICSA is a leading provider of educational content to professionals in the global investment management industry. Attendees at the SLF will:
- Learn about the latest fund industry regulations and leading practices.
- Discuss leading practice concepts with peers and thought-leader panelists.
- Develop new partnership opportunities with influential decision makers and peers.
- Gain a competitive advantage with new education and knowledge.
Proposals will be reviewed and selected by the SLF Planning Committee. The Committee is looking for sessions that are interactive and engaging for the audience. Please include descriptive information about how your session will involve and appeal to a wide demographic.
The Target Audience:
- Asset Managers
- Audit Firms
- Consulting Firms
- Executive Search Firms
- Fund Accountants
- Investment Managers (traditional and alternative)
- Law Firms
- Technology Providers
- Third Party Service Providers
- Technology Companies
- Transfer Agents
The deadline for presentation proposals is Wednesday, October 12, 2016. Notifications of acceptance, or rejection, will be sent by Monday, October 31, 2016.
- Title of the breakout
- A brief description of the session (maximum of 100 words.) This is the description that will be published on the web site if the breakout is accepted by the Planning Committee.
- Description of the format of the session (panel, roundtable, single speaker, etc.)
- Description of the target audience for the session (function, level, etc.)
- Speakers for the sessions (role, level, etc.). Please Note: It is recommended that there be at least one asset manager on each panel.
- Any additional descriptive material that the firm believes the Committee should know in order to adequately evaluate the proposal.
- Description of how the breakout connects to the three breakout themes and current needs of the industry.
Ground Rules: Breakouts are educational opportunities and cannot showcase a firm’s products and services.
Tips for a Successful Proposal:
- The Committee is most interested in sessions that will be interactive and engaging to the audience. Including descriptive information about how your session will involve and appeal to the target audience is encouraged.
- A “take-away” from the session helps participants retain information and serves as a resource for future reference. A “take-away” could be a list of best practices, resource list, notes and outcomes from the session and should include how attendees will benefit from their participation. Descriptive information on a planned session take-away is a necessary part of your response.
New or unusual perspectives on topics are encouraged – especially when addressing long-time industry challenges.
- Including “big-name” or high-level presenters in your session can be appealing to potential attendees.
The Fine Print:
- The Planning Committee (comprised of NICSA Members from a variety of business areas) will review the proposals and determine the roster of breakout sessions.
- In choosing breakouts, the Planning Committee will seek to ensure that the final roster addresses the interests of all target audiences.
- Firms will be informed after the Planning Committee meeting in September whether their proposal has been accepted.
- Once accepted, any subsequent substantive changes in the breakout must be reviewed and approved by the Planning Committee. NICSA reserves the right to cancel breakouts if they appear to deviate significantly from the initial proposal.
Questions? Please contact:
Lilly Bahmani | Event, Sponsorship and Meetings Manager
508-683-1611 | email@example.com.
DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS: Wednesday, October 12, 2016
PRESENTATION PROPOSAL FORM: