Updated November 18, 2022
Who are we?
We are Nicsa, a not-for-profit trade association that connects global asset management industry participants in order to develop, share, and advance leading practices. Our office address is 101 Federal Street, Suite 1900, Boston, MA 02110. You can contact us by post at the above address, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any inquiries about our use of your personal data should be addressed to the contact details above.
Why do we collect your information?
In order to fulfill its purpose and deliver value to its members and contacts, Nicsa collects and processes certain information from its members, service providers, business contacts, event delegates and contractors. We collect this information for the following reasons:
- Contractual reasons (members, contractors, vendors, sponsors and/or commercial solicitations)
- Promotion of Nicsa events and resources
Data we may collect from you
We may collect data from you during the following interactions:
- Information acquired/provided through our website, email provider and data processors. This may include information provided at the time of registering for events, subscribing to services such as newsletters or briefings, participating in discussion boards, posting material or requesting further information.
- Information that is available from your browser, or collect information when you respond to a survey and/or when you report a problem
- Information acquired/provided through correspondence
- Information acquired/provided when signing a contract with Nicsa – i.e. by becoming a member, registering for an event/webinar, joining a committee, or by offering any services to us or our members
This data may include:
- Contact information, such as name, address, contact telephone number, email address
- Browsing information, such as IP address, session time
- In case of contracts and purchases: payment information, such as bank account details or credit card information
- In case of speaker and/or content collaborations or member profiles: identification data, such as photographs or biographies
Your rights as a data subject
- By law, you can ask us what information we hold about you, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate.
- If we have asked for your consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- If we are processing your personal data for reasons of consent or to fulfill a contract, you can ask us to give you a copy of the information in a machine-readable format so that you can transfer it to another provider.
- If we are processing your personal data for reasons of consent or legitimate interest, you can request that your data be erased.
- You have the right to ask us to stop using your information for a period of time if you believe we are not doing so lawfully.
- Finally, in some circumstances you can ask us not to reach decisions affecting you using automated processing or profiling.
To submit a request regarding your personal data by email, post or telephone, please use the contact information provided above in the ‘Who are we’ section of this policy.
Your right to complain
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, we would prefer you to contact us directly via email@example.com in the first instance so that we can address your complaint. Secondarily, if we cannot resolve the complaint together, we would propose that the complaint be taken to independent arbitration. However, if you remain unsatisfied with the way your information has been used and no satisfactory resolution can be reached via either of the processes above, you may also complain to the Federal Trade Commission using the form at the following link: https://ftccomplaintassistant.gov/Company#crnt.
This site installs cookies when you access our site. Cookies enable us to customize your visit and to remember you on subsequent visits, which can make it faster and easier for you to log-in. You may block or disable cookies through your browser.